Monday, November 10, 2008

Vision

Tonight, I was inspired to make my way back to the blogging world. It’s been so long since I’ve typed on this thing. I guess the reason why I haven’t blogged in so long is because, one I don’t have time, two there’s to much going on to try to pick one out and finding the right words to explain it, and three a fear of letting people in on to much.

Do you guys remember when we first all started blogging? It was shortly after Facebook hit big. I think we we’re all inspired to write a blog, because we had read someone else’s. I think it’s safe to say that Rachel H. and Patience probably had something to with us all starting a blog. They are who inspired me. For awhile it seemed like everyone was doing it. It was cool to be able to go onto people’s pages, and read their thoughts and views on life. I was talking to Amanda Boyle tonight, and we both agreed on how scary it is to think about who can and do read our blogs, without us even knowing about it.


But, today I started a 30 day fast from Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter. The church is doing a 14 day Daniels fast. I had all intentions of doing the Daniels fast, I’ve even did it for the first 24 hours. But, today when I got home, the first thing I did was go to Facebook. God showed me that it would be so much more beneficial to me to stay away from Facebook. Take the time that I wasted on Facebook, and spend more time with God. Out of this fast, I’m seeking guidance in my relationships, role in the church, preparing myself for college, and seeking and understanding God’s vision for my life.


Mrs. Martha Fry came into my class today as my guest speaker. She talked to my class about vision. It was awesome; she did a fantastic job, and even managed to throw a little bit of the gospel into public school. And that is something we need. But, lately God’s vision had been so present on my mind. I’ve known forever that I loved to travel. And for awhile now, I’ve known I wanted to do missions. And I’ve known for quite sometime that I want to go to Liberty. This year, however, I discovered my love and the special place God has placed in my heart for Africa. It grows more and more the closer I grow to God.


But, these past few days have been a huge step forward into understanding God’s vision, God’s plan for my life. I know now, that I want to Major in Missions Work and minor in Church Administration. After graduating I want to go work at church, hopefully overseeing all of their missions programs. At one point in my life I know I want to completely move my life over to Africa. Maybe, help plant and be a part of a life giving church in the heart of Africa.


This new found understanding for God’s purpose in my life has motivated me to move forward. I’m so ready to experience all of God’s purpose for my life. I know that it’s going to be hard, but it will be so worth it. I’ve always been nervous about ministry and missions because of the finical aspect. But, now I’m at peace.


“Then at the resurrection of the righteous, God will reward you for inviting those who could not repay you.” Luke 14:14 NLT


Now, that I’ve given you a small portion of what’s on my mind, hopefully will be inspired to write more. I know this was a short blog, but at least it’s a blog. If you guys want to talk to me. 720-1077 or email me Joe@c3church.com


Later

JoeRoy.

“Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.” Proverbs 29:18 KJV

5 comment(s) from you.:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe!! I'm so glad you wrote again...honestly i never see you anymore for any long length of time so your blogs are pretty much how i keep up with how you're doing. Thats awesome about Africa and missions!! and super cool b/c i just went on a youth retreat and there we learned about a mission oppertunity in Africa that helps orphans. Its called ZoeMinistries and the founder goes to our church now. :) I'm so glad God has given you a vision for where your life is going! Hope school and work and all else is going well. Miss you bunches!

Thomas said...

Matthew 11:12, stay encouraged!

SarahK said...

Hey Joe. Thats incredible how you are staying focused. It's hard to stay encouraged and focused on what God wants for your life. Especially when there are so many noises and distractions going on. I am excited to see God working in and through you as you live your life. Have a blessed day, and Maybe I'll get to see you again today. LOL Seems like I always see you in the hallways. :)

Amanda said...

it keeps saying you have a new blog (how you can subscribe to people's blogs and get a notification on blogger.com) but then you keep deleting it or it's not showing up. the last one started with, "ever feel like you had a good day, but it wasn't enough..." or something like that.

Amanda said...

but it didn't feel complete*

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online