Monday, June 16, 2008

Thoughts, yo!

A lot of people saw my apathy and assumed that it was sorrow, well, so did I. But, I have had a lot of time to think in the past 24 hours. I’m not sad or depressed, I’m just negative. I’ve allowed myself to become uptight and overwhelmed, so I have began to look at everything intolerably and poorly. I’m looking at “the glass half empty”. I’ve allowed the devil to blind me from the blessings that are standing right in front of me.

The loss of my grandpa has been sad, but it hasn’t been what I would have expected. We drove up to Virginia to sit around and do nothing. My Dad and his two brothers have made no decisions and are basically just staring at each other. It’s so depressing because it is dreadfully apparent that it hasn’t set in, that they are still in denial. It is overwhelming disheartening to see my grandma. She has recently started Chemo and radiation for her lung caner, and she is clearly sick and distressed at the situations at hand. But, I feel like when it hits those three men, that the storm will be long and hard.

Sitting around my uncles house with nothing to do, as obviously permitted me to do a lot of thinking about the things that I was blaming my grief on.

I had a lot of people ask me what was up with me. There we’re a lot of people who told me that they would pray for me. But only one person showed me, only one friend took the time to show me that they were thinking of me, and that they would take the time to pray for me. I thank you so much, Amanda Tiner, your words, wisdom, and prayer was definitely the stepping ladder to get me out of this pit.

I still have theses same situations that were causing the emotions. I have just started to look at them with different eyes, through a different type of looking glass.

I’ve decided that I will stay at the church. A handful of you knew my struggle with possibly leaving the church, or just possible ministries. But, I found that God has a plan through this, and though I struggle with it, he is only trying to reveal something with me. With that being said, I’m going to try and limit my talking badly about some parts of the church. Instead, I will embrace all aspects of it with my whole self, and pray that God stays in control, and I know that he will.

There is an, we’ll call it anonymous, emotion that has been surrounding me. It’s a familiar feeling. I think that I have strong feeling for someone, but I can’t be positive. I don’t know if it’s real or not. I have given it all the following reasons for occurring: It’s real, it’s a crush, its jealousy, its fear, it’s coping, it’s a test, and it’s godly. But, I’m not sure if I could ever embrace this emotion, because of the possible outcome. I don’t even know if it’s real. Is it real? Is it too soon? Am I just jealous? Do I just want the spotlight? I sure have been think about them an awful a lot more recently. We’ll leave it that. HoKay.

My friends, this one is slightly comical. I wish that every one of you could just take a look at what is surrounding our friends. I can’t help but laugh just thinking about it. (High School, High, School, High School). Very few of you actually see the full picture. But, I know that if everything comes to light, the outcome will be bad. I just pray, that the right information comes to play, and that everything works out. I don’t want to see everything go down hill, over a few crushes.

These are only some of the things that were on my mind. But, this is my declaration that I will begin to become more positive and not allow things to bother me so. I’m going to enjoy life. I’m going to spend my summer planning stuff for our friends to do. That is, if my Dad doesn’t make me get a job.

Bye for now. Hopefully I’ll be home soon.
Texts and emails would be nice (720-1077
JoeRoy126@aim.com)

Peace.
God Bless.

Well, one last complaint: A reply email would have been nice. But thanks for your concern it shows you care. Rolls eyes.
Ha!

8 comment(s) from you.:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your out of your funk! lol j/k.

Please know others have been praying for you than just one. You mean a lot to everyone and (I hate when people say this to me) it's not the same when youre not the same. You have the presence of joy that many love to be around.

As far as your decision, I am proud of you. I am proud of all of you actaully for the decisions that you have been making, no matter what it is. You are willing to walk on a path that your friend may not walk on due to the call of the Lord on your heart. What warriors you are!

As far as your family I am sorry. I was actually going to post this on the other blog right before you posted this one.

The problem for us Christians is that we cant see the spiritual warfare. We see the results of the warfare, we see the problems and we see the outcomes, but we dont see the battle taking place.

Pray for your family every night. Intercede on their behalf for comfort and wisdom and for the healing and comfort of your grandma. Pray for the youth, as I am sure Satan is having a field day and pray for yourself that God will continuously guide you and give you His wisdom to work out problems. Do not let Go and let God, rather wrestle with God and don't let go of him until he blesses you and your family (even if it means it breaks you).

Pray without ceasing. Continue to show of the joy the Lord has given you and stand triumphantly in front of your goliaths knowing you won because you are a child of God.

-Christal

Anonymous said...

Joe, you're awesome! You've been through so much and you're still one of the most cheerful and loving person I've ever known. You show so much joy and spirit in everything you do. I think that if some random person would just walk up to you, they would see that Jesus is definitely inside of you. It's amazing that so many troubles come your way yet you show grace and love through it all. Jesus has definitely shown me something through you and i'm glad that you're here. You've made an impact on my life and i'm grateful that you have. Thanks, Marc

Amanda said...

This is a relief to read!

I'm really glad that you came to the point where you realized it's best to see the cup as half full. It really bothered me when the conversation that night was left like that - like it was bringing things up without resolving it. That's never good.

And I laugh and frown as well at the odd shape going on. I just hope everything is done with some ounce of wisdom, lol.

I'll be praying about your unnamed emotion also, haha. I'll pray you make the wise choices with whoever it is and God shows you if He wants it, or if you want it.

I will continue praying for your family, I've never been around family right after a close relative died. When my grandma died I was in Florida, so I wasn't there for her funeral. I pray that when the storm finally comes pouring in as reality strikes that your family will somehow see a ray of sunlight through the clouds, whether it be with a calm peace or with a funny little thing happening that reminds all of you of your grandpa.

I also pray that with your new found positivity you can be a light for your family when it seems like it all is dark and dreary. There must be a purpose that your dad came home right when this happened.

I'm so happy with your outlook! God will use you where you are at when you realize that He controls it all. Ha, I read Job last night. Where all that crap happened to test his faith and grow him stronger. It blows me away that we are such a small part of this big story. It makes me realize how precious our time is. Ha, sorry off topic, but it just occured to me.

Well, I'm praying!

Amanda said...

I don't get the 'last complaint' lol.

lukeabrigos said...

hey joe, you may have no idea who I am buuuut my name is luke [Amanda Tiner's boyfriend] She told me about how your grandfather had passed away and told me you made a blog concerning that, among other things. I read this and I understand. About how you're coping with the loss of your grandfather. I lost my granddaddy a few years ago but I chose to not rely on God then because... well, I was stupid, blind, and confused. And it warms me to know that prayer has aided in your dealing with this situation.

I hope that God brings light to your situations in a way that you can fully witness His grace at work, and that He reveals unto you some amazing clarity. He will steer you from puzzled emotion, unnecessary negativity, and questionable ties if you give Him full control of the wheel.

and ehh, if this is weird because youve never ever talked to me, thats totally cool and im sorry - bahaha.

chyeah - peace.

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe, i'm really sorry about your family. I'm not really sure what to say about that because i know from experience that comforting doesn't usually work. I will be praying for you tho!! I don't have much to say about the church situation considering i don't go there but i'm glad you figured things out...I"m curious about your "anonymous emotion" but i'm not going to bug u about it...hope your summer gets better, and hopefully i'll see you at the summer party!!

Lorren Ellen said...

I am so happy to read this :)
It’s great to see that the way you look at things is changing. I am proud of you for actually taking time to think things through, and the decisions you have made. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa passing. I know this is over-said, but he is in a better place and is no longer suffering. God is going to use this situation to do amazing things in your life, and in the lives of your family members. You and your family will be in my prayers every night. I pray that your grandma over comes her cancer, and that her, as well as the rest of your family feels Gods peace and gains wisdom from this hard time. I’ll be praying that God gives you wisdom and direction with your “anonymous emotion” as well as in every aspect of your life, and that you can see His grace in every situation you face. I think it’s amazing how you can go through so much stuff, yet still let there be joy and laughter in your heart and soul. You are such a great kid, and you truly are an inspiration in so many ways to more people than you realize. The way you make it through situations like these with a smile on your face and Gods love shining through you makes me proud to call you my friend. Know that if you ever want to talk about anything that I am here amigo.

delea said...

you are a cool person joe roy. a cool person.....:))))

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online