Monday, April 21, 2008

I’ve spent the last couple of days, home alone. It’s nice. It’s welcoming. It’s a generous innuendo to how my life will be after this era of school comes to a collapsing end. It shows me how life will be throughout college and life afterwards. It opens my eyes to how life will be when my life moves away from this place I will have named home for 12 years.

I’m forced to make the decision of what I’m going to eat. I have to let go of the safety net that is a mother to wake me up, just incase I sleep in a little. It’s required of me to start thinking on a budget, I can’t just go ask momma for a little more. Who knows when I’ll see her again to give me more money? I think cautiously, timidly but quickly and efficiently.

My heart longs for the joy of Liberty, for the stillness the Lynchburg brings it. It felt so at home there, it felt like it finally found the place that the next puzzle piece of life will be strategically placed. I’ve felt an overwhelming sense of reassurance fall over me every day. I’ve never been the sure about anything in my life. My physical body is still in here, but my heart is finding its place at Liberty. I know that at Liberty God will show me the next stages in life, like he did for Pastor Matt.

Even though my heart pleads and longs for Liberty, I know that it is a distant part of my life, a definite part, but its place lies in the future. Right now, I plan to rejoice in present. I can’t look too far into the future. I need to worry about now. The bible says not to even think about what will happen tomorrow, because we don’t know what it may hold.

Caswell was an eye opening experience for me. One thing that our council talked about was apathy in the school amongst teachers and students. It’s so upsetting to hear of how students and teachers put their heart into something, only to have a little outcome. It’s even more upsetting when you realize that you’re one of the ones causing problem. I’m not supportive towards anything the school does. That needs to change, and I’m praying that I can make it change. So I want to be more supportive towards the things going on at my school. So if you want to help me with this, let me know, and we’ll go to plays, and talent shows, and games, and highway clean-up days.

  • Summer Time
    • Camp
    • Grandma
    • Maybe staying a little while at Nannies
    • More, por favor?
  • Church
    • I love 2nd grade
    • I love the people
    • I like what it seems to becoming.
  • Grandparents
    • Pa - Doing good, still not able to walk though. He has to be able to get himself in and out of bed, and be able to walk before they will send him home.
    • Ma - They went to remove 1/3 of the tip of her lung (which is where the cancer was)
      • Discovered it had spread, had to sew her back up.
        • Surgery and Scars were pointless.
        • She told me she was mad at herself for smoking
          • "I'm so d**n mad at myself for this". Then pointing at the scar "this is what cancer does to you".
          • I didn't know how to respond.
      • She has to go through 7 weeks of Chemo and Radiation
      • The lady who was suppose to help her, backed out. She is old and we think she may have forgotten.
        • My mom is staying with her until Wednesday
        • My Uncles and my mom will be switching back and forth.
        • It's not going to be an easy 7-weeks.
    • Please Pray for them
  • School is stupid
    • Round table is boring and as weird people in it.
    • Hon.Us.His it's okay. I laugh in there a lot.
    • Art is getting frustrating, but it should get better.
    • Hon. Alg. Two ...no comment.
  • I love bullet list.
    • Really I do.
      • They are fantastic
      • And organized
    • They are happy
  • Rachel es muy muy bueno.
  • I thought about SGA
    • To late now
  • Wish List
    • To become a better artist
      • Pick up the skills
      • Become more creative
      • I would like to venture into photography
    • Spend even more time in the word.
      • Before and After bed
    • Kingdom Builder
      • Give at least $5 a week.
    • Decide what club I will join next year
      • FBLA
      • FCA
      • Key Club
    • Be nominated to be a Caswell Leader in 2009
    • Find ways to take the gifts God has given me and to make them into something beautiful that can glorify him and further his kingdom.
Peace out

6 comment(s) from you.:

Anonymous said...

So proud. So, so proud.

I'm so incredibly proud of you.

You already know, but I'll keep telling you. :)

Amanda said...

I like your list, sir.

It's pretty inspiring (:

Amanda said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Could never be prouder... you're awesome. :-)

Anonymous said...

im very proud of you

Jen said...

Whoo hoo!!
Way to go Joe :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online